Thursday, April 7, 2011

Palm V Hand held PDA (Electronics)


This review is from: Palm V Hand held PDA (Electronics)


I have always used the Apple NewtonMessage Pad 2000, but the size and weight has forced me to look elsewhere. From my several years of experience using a PDA, I have found that at the most I use the PDA as an address book and scheduler. Every where I travel these days, I can get internet connection, so I do no need internet connection on my PDA to check mail.

Overall - Palm V is an excellent product

Cons:

1. The backlight leaves much to be desired, I just cannot get used to it when I compare it with the Newton. 2. The screen is very reflective. 3. It lacks a few polished applications such as a world clock, a currency converter, even the built in country list is incomplete. Example no mention of any middle east countries where I am currently working as a consultant. The expense program leaves much to be desired. 4. No built in modem 5. No voice recorder 6. Leather cover is cheap and detracts the overall quality of the product.

Pros:

1. Weight and size - five star here! 2. Clarity of text excellent under full light. 3. Graifiti gives better accuracy than the newton free style writing. 4. Hot Sync works with Microsoft Outlook! - nothing short of briliant 5. Long battery life ie when fully charged 6. Single base unit for charger and hotsync.

I bought my unit in England and as such the adaptor is auto voltage! and comes complete with different plug adaptors.
Palm V Hand held PDA (Electronics) at amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment